Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The search for men's kitsuke items

I've gotten a lot of requests in the last few months for more men's kimono items. While I'm certainly happy to oblige them, I think it's worth noting that this is turning out to be an interesting challenge. While on a search to try to find these items, I've started wonder about why it is that they are so hard to come by. The majority of my stock is vintage, and while I do carry some new items, these tend to be pricey and I personally feel that having a lot of merchandise to choose from that is affordable for all is of more importance. While thinking about all of this, I have come up with a little theory. Women's vintage items are probably more prolific because a) they were better taken care of, and b) they were probably not used as often. Men's daily activities would have been much more hard on their clothing, making them not last nearly as long. And women probably had more of a wardrobe to choose from than men, so they're items would be less worn out overall because they weren't in constant use. Again, this is just a crazy theory. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment